What to Expect
We gather Sundays at 10:00 a.m.
At Broken Grounds, we are a community of Christ followers. We welcome people from all walks of life, regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey. We’re learning together how to live out the radical way of Jesus in the world God has placed us in. We realize that coming to church can feel extremely awkward and uncomfortable. A bunch of people you don’t know singing songs with words you rarely use, and before you even get to know anyone they’re asking for your money. Broken Grounds Church is simply not like that! Realizing that church can be risky, we do everything we can to make you feel at home. Come as you are. Connect with our community. Dress casual. It’s OK to leave your tie and dress shoes at home. Hope to see you soon!
At Broken Grounds Church, the sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible. We believe that it was inspired by the Holy Spirit, and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
We accept those areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all Christians. Because of the Kingdom view of our ministry and our emphasis on unity and cooperation with other members of the body of Christ, we allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matter, provided that any such interpretation is based upon the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God, the living word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
- He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him.
- He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died.
- He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
- Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he was alienated from his Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
- Every man is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- The salvation of man is wholly a work of God’s free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight. The process of spiritual maturity, (sanctification) is an ongoing working whereby the essence of the divine nature is imparted to the believer.
- It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written Word.
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith.
- We believe in the current ministry of the Spirit and that He imparts gifts and empowerment to the believer for the purpose of ministry. We practice the laying on of hands for healing, deliverance, empowering and affirming the body of Christ and the recognition of those called to ministry.
- Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- At physical death the believer enters immediately into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing.
- Jesus Christ will come again personally, visibly and bodily-to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation.
How Broken Grounds Church Operates
- We are a family, so we operate on the basis of relationships, not rules.
- We are a fellowship, so we focus on what unifies us.
- We are a body, so we serve each other according to our gifts.
- We are a flock, so we are cared for and led by shepherds, called pastors.
We Are Broken Grounds Church!
It is an amazing adventure to step out in faith and offer the hope and healing of Christ. We believe in transformation of the whole person; physically, emotionally and spiritually whether it is in our own backyard or anywhere on the globe.214 West Jackson Street
Millersburg, OH 44654