We dream of being a home for spiritually homeless people. Our environment serves as the front door to discovering or rediscovering faith. We envision a place where people can begin and build a deep relationship with Jesus Christ and with fellow believers, where people do life together in genuine community, and where people grow spiritually in an atmosphere where grace and redemption are celebrated.
We dream of a church where real problems are solved and real needs are met as people are drawn closer to God, where people recover from hurts, habits, and hang-ups that prevent them from enjoying meaningful relationships with God and each other.
We dream of a church where God’s Word is honored as our highest authority on earth and as the source of real and abundant life.
We dream of a church where people serve one another according to the way that God has shaped them, where spiritual gifts, passion, talents, and experiences are a part of how we meet the needs of others inside and outside of our church family.
We dream of a church that matters to its community, which makes a visible, noticeable, and tangible difference on behalf of Christ in the real problems that exist.
We dream of a church that celebrates changed lives, that cultivates an atmosphere of freedom to grow and serve, and that empowers people with the confidence to do so.
Our Core Values
- (Honor) We intentionally look for and celebrate the “good” in people and circumstances.
- (Teamwork) We intentionally build and promote teamwork & cooperation to accomplish the mission of the church. We are driven by purpose, not by programs, personalities, buildings, or budgets.
- (Evangelism) We intentionally share the “good news” in every possible way, in every possible situation. We partner with the community, and go to the ends of the earth, sharing the hope and life found in Christ.
- (Relationships) People matter! We intentionally value and build relationships. Everybody belongs. We care about the heart, not the skin, the clothes, or the body art. We are broken people discovering healing together. We embrace messy ministry.
- (Leadership Development) We intentionally value growth and development of leadership skills with the goal of reproducing mature Disciples of Christ. We discover our gifts and grow from consumers into contributors. We believe and invest in the potential of people.
- (The Kingdom) God’s presence and power take precedence over all systems & structures. We intentionally connect with and support like-minded ministries inside and outside of Broken Grounds.
How Broken Grounds Church Operates
- We are a family, so we operate on the basis of relationships, not rules.
- We are a fellowship, so we focus on what unifies us.
- We are a body, so we serve each other according to our gifts.
- We are a flock, so we are cared for and led by shepherds, called pastors.
Answers to common questions…
- Our Lead Pastor casts the vision for where Broken Grounds is headed and leads the church.
- Our Leadership Team oversees the administration and operations of the church.
- We don’t have committees. We have teams that do ministry.
- We empower people to lead according to their gifts.
- We raise up servant-leaders in small groups.
- We only vote on a few, huge issues – calling a pastor, buying land, etc.
We Are Broken Grounds Church!
It is an amazing adventure to step out in faith and offer the hope and healing of Christ. We believe in transformation of the whole person; physically, emotionally and spiritually whether it is in our own backyard or anywhere on the globe.214 West Jackson Street
Millersburg, OH 44654